The Day Therapy Unit at Michael Sobell Hospice gives people with a life-limiting condition the opportunity to spend an enjoyable day with others in a similar situation, in a friendly and caring environment.
You can be referred to the Day Therapy Unit for a number of reasons, including:
- Pain management
- Psychological support
- Social support
- Symptom control
- Carer support
Most of our patients are referred to us by their GP, District Nurse, Community Palliative Care Nurse or hospital consultant. If you feel you could benefit from attending our Day Therapy Unit, please talk to your healthcare provider.
Below you can see some of the services that we provide:
- Symptom advice
- Emotional and social support
- Arts and crafts
- Social work or benefits advice from the hospital team
- Complementary therapies (e.g. aromatherapy)
- Counselling from the hospital team
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Spiritual support from our hospital chaplains
With support from Hospice volunteers we also have lots of social activities to help you get to know and build friendships with your fellow Day Therapy Unit users. You’ll meet other people in a similar situation which can support your care and well-being.