Michael Sobell Hospice provides care, comfort and support for local people facing life limiting illnesses.
Our clinical team offers medical, nursing and emotional care along with practical support for patients & their families.
Our aim is that every patient should experience a journey towards the end of their life that is peaceful, comfortable and free from worry and pain. It is a special place, where patients and families can spend precious time together.
The Inpatient Unit provides:
- Hospice based Inpatient Unit - 10 beds
- 24 hour Consultant led advice line for the use of health care staff
The Day Therapy Unit at Michael Sobell Hospice gives people with a life-limiting condition the opportunity to spend an enjoyable day with others in a similar situation, in a friendly and caring environment.
You can be referred to the Day Therapy Unit for a number of reasons, including:
- Pain management
- Psychological support
- Social support
- Symptom control
- Carer support
Most of our patients are referred to us by their GP, District Nurse, Community Palliative Care Nurse or hospital consultant. If you feel you could benefit from attending our Day Therapy Unit, please talk to your healthcare provider.
We also provide a wide range of other services:
- Symptom advice
- Emotional and social support
- Arts and crafts
- Social work or benefits advice from the hospital team
- Complementary therapies (e.g. aromatherapy)
- Counselling from the hospital team
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy
- Spiritual support from our hospital chaplains
With support from Hospice volunteers we also have lots of social activities to help you get to know and build friendships with your fellow Day Therapy Unit users. You’ll meet other people in a similar situation which can support your care and well-being.
How to Contact us
- Referral email address –Hillccg.MSHreferrals@nhs.net
- Referral form available here
- All referrals and 24 hour advice - 020 3824 1268
- All enquiries please use referral email address or telephone numbers provided
Michael Sobell Hospice Reception - 020 8106 9201