The Support and Wellbeing service is a partnership between Michael Sobell Hospice and Harlington Hospice. As part of this free service, we are providing a number of online events for patients, carers and the wider community.
All our services are free and available for people living in the London Borough of Hillingdon and surrounding areas.
Supporting patients and families
Our main support services take place in our hospices and across the community. COVID-19 has however stopped many of our regular community events from taking place face to face. We have had to adapt our way of working and now provide a number of events and workshops online. Click on any of the events below to learn more and register to attend.
Online sessions and activities
All of our live events and activities are delivered using a video calling software called ‘Zoom’. If you are not familiar with using Zoom we can help you with this.
- Artworks for Wellbeing – A series of Arts and Crafts sessions for relaxation and pleasure
- Creative Arts by Email – We will send you monthly creative art exercises for inspiration and your own interpretation.
- Dementia Carers Our informal, online group is for anyone in the Hillingdon area who is caring for someone with Dementia.
- Tai Chi and Breathwork Create some space in your day to rest and re-energise
- Simple Tai Chi, reflection & meditation - Tai Chi and meditation for carers in Hillingdon and surrounding areas
- Tripudio Class - Soft movement class with a focus on improving the lymphatic system and the cardiovascular systems.
Creating a care plan together
Our care plans are designed to help you maintain your independence and enhance your quality of life. We will help you to make the right choices for yourself and those you care about.
We can work with you to design the care plan that best suits your needs. This might include therapies to enhance your physical and emotional wellbeing. It might also include clinical planning if requested.
The Support and Wellbeing services are available to you, those close to you and your support network.
If you would like to speak about a care plan for yourself or someone you care for please contact Debra Morgan or Nickey Bhogal on 0208 759 0453 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank the London Community Foundation who have helped fund the remote service for Michael Sobell Hospice patients.
Here is a list of our wellbeing and support sessions provided by the therapy teams at Harlington Hospice and Michael Sobell Hospice