The Hospice Lottery Partnership raised £33,000 from its Summer Superdraw which was launched to raise much needed funds for local hospices, including Michael Sobell Hospice, who have all experienced an unexpected loss of income in the last few months due to the impact of coronavirus (COVID-19).
The hospices that will receive funds raised from the Summer Superdraw include:
- Michael Sobell Hospice Charity based in Northwood
- Florence Nightingale Hospice Charity based in Aylesbury
- Harlington Hospice based in Harlington
- Rennie Grove Hospice Care covering Herts and Bucks
- South Bucks Hospice based in High Wycombe
- The Hospice of St Francis based Berkhamsted.
The winner of the top prize, Mrs Champniss from Leighton Buzzard, was delighted to hear the news that she had won £2,000 after buying her Superdraw tickets, and including a generous donation in memory of her mum who had ovarian cancer, so that she could give something back to the hospice that helped her.