Please read this guidance before visiting the Hospice or one of our shops
Infection Prevention & Control
We hope you are your loved ones are keeping safe at this challenging time.
At Michael Sobell Hospice the health and wellbeing of patients, visitors, volunteers and staff is our main priority. Please be reassured that we are following all the recommended guidance outlined by Public Health England.
We are also taking proactive steps to minimise risk where necessary. Please do check this page for updates.
We continue to check and follow government guidelines and will take appropriate actions. Please continue to refer to the gov.uk/coronavirus for the most up to date information.
You can help us minimise the risk of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) by following the government guidelines including handwashing (following the correct process as directed). We have introduced additional hand sanitisers around the Hospice, which we ask that you use upon entering and exiting.
Visiting patients on the Inpatient Unit will be discussed with you at the time of admission. We are constantly reviewing the situation regarding visitors. Please click here for the latest information.
Please do not visit the Hospice if:
- You have travelled from an affected area within the last 14 days. Follow the specific advice for returning travellers, including self-isolation.
- You have been in close contact with someone with coronavirus
- You think you might have coronavirus
Use the NHS 111 online service. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You can find out more, including which countries/areas are affected at gov.uk/coronavirus.
If you have any queries please call the hospice on
(020) 8106 9201 (Hospice Reception)
(020) 3824 1268 (24 hour Advice Line)
The Day Therapy Unit is currently closed to protect patients, volunteers and staff, however we are telephoning patients to provide remote therapy.
We are constantly reviewing the situation in line with the latest government guidelines.
We are reopening our Charity shops in Ruislip, Northwood and Eastcote on a gradual basis commencing from Friday 3rd July, 10am. The health and safety of our staff, volunteers and customers our number one priority.
What to expect in store
- Hand sanitiser available on entry/exit
- Max two customers in store at a time
- Shop manager and volunteers on hand to offer any help or guidance
Opening hours/days will be subject to change as a result of the current pandemic, so please ensure you check shop opening times before visiting us.
Currently we can only accept the following donations in our shops:
- Two closed ‘bin’ bags or two closed boxes of donations at a time per customer
- Small items of bric a brac
- Small electricals
- Good quality clothes
Currently we are unable to accept:
- More than two closed ‘bin’ bags or two closed boxes of donated items
- Poor quality items that cannot be resold
- Large bric a brac items
- Large electricals (e.g. TVs)
- Donated goods in open bags or cardboard boxes
- Prams and Pushchairs
- Large children’s toys
From Tuesday 7th July, we will be operating a temporary drop-off service for donations on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please telephone 020 3826 2367 or 020 3826 2369 to make an appointment. We look forward to hearing from you and to receiving your good quality items for resale in our Charity shops.