Information regarding COVID-19
Please read this guidance before visiting the Hospice or any of our shops.
At Michael Sobell Hospice, the health and wellbeing of patients, visitors, volunteers and staff, is our main priority. Please be reassured that we are following all the recommended guidance outlined by Public Health England.
We are also taking proactive steps to minimise risk where necessary. Please do check this page for updates.
You can help us minimise the risk of Covid-19 (Coronavirus) by following the government guidelines including handwashing (following the correct process as directed). We have introduced additional hand sanitisers around the Hospice, which we ask that you use upon entering and exiting.
Visiting patients on the Inpatient Unit will be discussed with you at the time of admission. We are constantly reviewing the situation for Hospice visitors and advise you to read our latest guidelines for patients and visitors.
Please do not visit the Hospice if:
- You have travelled from an affected area within the last 14 days. Follow the specific advice for returning travellers, including self-isolation.
- You have been in close contact with someone with coronavirus.
- You think you might have coronavirus.
Use the NHS 111 online service. Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital. You can find out more, including which countries/areas are affected at gov.uk/coronavirus.
Our priority is the safety of all shop staff, volunteers and customers, which is why we are introducing new ways of working in retail.
What to expect in store:
- The wearing of face covering by customers (other than those who are exempt)
- Hand sanitiser available on entry/exit
- Limited customers in store
- Shop manager and volunteers on hand to offer any help or guidance
Please ensure you check shop opening times before visiting us.
Currently we can only accept the following donations in our shops:
- Two closed ‘bin’ bags or two closed boxes of donations at a time per customer
- Small items of bric a brac
- Small electricals
- Good quality clothes
Currently we are unable to accept:
- More than two closed ‘bin’ bags or two closed boxes of donated items
- Poor quality items that cannot be resold
- Large bric a brac items
- Large electricals (e.g. TVs)
- Donated goods in open bags or cardboard boxes
- Prams and Pushchairs
- Large children’s toys