Over 100,000 people volunteer in hospices across the UK, making a big difference to the quality of people’s lives. Without the dedication of our volunteers, we could not offer the same level of care to patients, their families, carers and friends.
At Michael Sobell Hospice and Charity, we have over 300 volunteers lending a helping hand in a variety of ways including hospice-based roles, fundraising & events and in our retail shops.
Our volunteers generally give a regular commitment, which can be flexible to fit around you - anywhere between an hour, a month, to several days a week.
If you are interested in becoming involved in supporting your local hospice, we have many volunteer roles including:
- Helping in our charity retail shops
- Day Hospice drivers urgently needed!
- Warehouse Drivers/Driver's Mate (Mon, Tues & Thursday)
- Female Warehouse Assistants/Sorters (Mon, Tues & Thursday)
- Charity book stall volunteers (Amersham & Chesham market)
- Helping in the aviary
- Serving meals or refreshments
- Driving patients to and from the Day Centre
- Bereavement counselling
- Complementary therapies
- Supporting our fundraising events (based in the Fundraising office)
- Listing and selling items on Ebay
- Making cakes/craft items for fundraising events
Volunteers interested in taking on a role for Michael Sobell Hospice will need to complete an application form (listing contact details for references) and attend an interview. Anyone having direct patient contact is also required to have a Data Barring Service check.
To find out more about fundraising and retail volunteering opportunities, contact Victoria Mansell, Volunteer Services Officer, on 020 3826 2356 or email Volunteer@michaelsobellhospice.co.uk
To find out more about Hospice-based volunteering opportunities, please contact Victoria Hussey or Lynne Pritchard, Voluntary Services Coordinators, Community Engagement Team, Mount Vernon Cancer Centre on 020 3826 2514 or email: email@example.com